Pearl River, NY 10965
Excellent team working environment, top-tier benefits program and solid career track.
This role is primarily accountable for collecting and processing timekeeping information, periodic deductions and issuing paychecks and payroll related information to employees.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Process bi-weekly payroll for over 1, 000 US employees
- Responsible for entering employee payroll data, including time & attendance
- Garnishments and wage deductions
- Assist with daily payroll department operations
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as required
- Update and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Load import files received from Human Resources
- CPP preferred but not required.
- Multi-state payroll experience desired
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel .
- Working knowledge of larger payroll systems such as ADP, Paychex, Kronos, UltiPro, Ceridian etc
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.