Finance & Accounting Manager
Princeton, NJ 08836
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible to independently work as a member of US/UK Controllership team to ensure seamless financial closing across various entities and implementation of policies and processes for US/Colombia & UK Geography. Responsibilities include the following:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure across multi location and legal entities.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Leads implementation of company policies and practices across various US locations.
- Assist the VP-Finance in the daily banking needs & ensure the accurate and timely processing of banking transactions working across various team members.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the business & functional heads & organization wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Global Controllership team to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Support VP-Finance with special projects and workflow process improvements like automation and acquisition integration.
- Knowledge of US GAAP & US/UK business practices.
- Knowledge in domestic/state tax rules/regulations and related accounting principles a must.
- Knowledge of Oracle applications.
- Proficient in basic computing skills including MS office. Prior experience in Project Management & Automation Initiatives welcome.
- Understanding of shared services business model.
- Self-motivated and a dynamic team player.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Strong management, interpersonal, organization, research, technical analysis and written and verbal communications skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in accounting, related field or equivalent experience, CPA designation or Master s degree in accounting or tax preferred.